What Thrombo Ass and what it is used for
Each gastro-resistant film-coated tablet contains the active substance acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg. Acetylsalicylic acid has antithrombotic properties, thus reducing the availability of blood clots. The application of the gastroresistant film tablets reduce gastrointestinal side effects caused by acetylsalicylic acid. Thrombo ASS is used to:
– To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris;
– For prevention after myocardial infarction
– To prevent thrombosis after surgery of blood vessels, such as coronary artery bypass graft
– For secondary prevention of previous ischemic attacks and apoplexy;
– Acute myocardial infarction;
– For periodic treatment for migraine.
Before you take Thrombo ASS
Do not take Thrombo ASS at:
– Hypersensitivity to aspirin, salicylates or to any component of the product;
– Gastrointestinal ulcers
– Predisposition to bleeding, decreased platelets in the blood (thrombocytopenia), coagulation disorders (haemophilia)
– Severely impaired renal function and an increased amount of oxalate in the urine (oxaluria)
Take special care with Thrombo ASS
Before elective surgery, the antiplatelet effect of Thrombo ASS should be administered. Additionally, the use of other salicylates or nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory/antirheumatic agents should be determined by your doctor.
Regular monitoring of renal function is necessary as the prolonged use of high doses of acetylsalicylic acid can lead to kidney damage.
In rare cases, dangerous complications (Reye’s syndrome) have been reported in children and adolescents.
If you experience prolonged vomiting, dehydration, impaired consciousness, or seizures, it is important to inform your doctor immediately. Exercise caution if you have known hypersensitivity to other analgesics for the treatment of rheumatic diseases, bronchial asthma, hemolytic anemia, gastrointestinal disorders (e.g., gastritis), or liver and/or kidney dysfunctions. It is essential to inform your doctor about these conditions.
Taking other medicines
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription.
Concomitant administration of clot ASS with other medicinal products may lead to the strengthening or weakening of their effects.
Thrombo ASS increases:
– The effect of medicines that slow blood clotting (eg. Coumarin derivatives, heparin, dipyridamole and sulfinpyrazone);
– The effect of drugs that reduce blood sugar levels (sulphonylureas);
– Desirable and undesirable effects of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory and anti-rheumatic agents;
– Desirable and undesirable effects of methotrexate
– The risk of bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract after co-administration with glucocorticoids or alcohol;
Also, the concentration of digoxin, barbiturates and lithium in the blood can be increased.
Thrombo ASS weakens:
- The effect of the dehydrating agent (spironolactone and furosemide)
- Drugs that enhance the secretion of uric acid excretion (probenecid, sulfinpyrazone)
- Medications that lower high blood pressure.
Concomitant use of ibuprofen may reduce the antiplatelet effect of thrombus ASS 100mg Film tablets.
In prolonged use of antacids, H2 blockers and anticholinergics may be necessary to increase the dose of acetylsalicylic acid.
Co-administration with tetracyclines may lead to the formation of non-resorbable complexes. Therefore, it should be an interval of at least 1-3 hours between the intake of various drugs.
Pregnancy and lactation
Ask your doctor or pharmacist before taking any medicine.
Do not apply Thrombo ASS in the last three months of pregnancy because it can cause prolongation of bleeding time in the mother and child during childbirth. Only use clot ASS during the first six months of pregnancy and during lactation when absolutely necessary.
Effects on ability to drive and use machines
No evidence of adverse effect on alertness and ability to drive and use machines.
How to take Thrombo ASS
The dose and duration of treatment is determined by your doctor. It is important to take your medicine as your doctor prescribes it. You must not change the dose or discontinuation of therapy without first consulting with your doctor, even if you feel well. Try to take your medicine at the same time each day.
The film-coated tablets are taken, not chewed or split, with some liquid after meals. Separating film-coated tablets will destroy gastrointestinal sustainable and coverage. So Thrombo ASS 100 mg film-coated tablets should not be divided.
To reduce the risk of myocardial infarction in patients with angina pectoris:
Prevention of recurrence after myocardial infarction: Secondary prevention after transient ischemic attacks (TIA) and apoplexy:
For these indications recommended 30 mg to 300 mg acetylsalicylic acid daily
Prevention of thrombosis after vascular surgery, for example.Coronary bypass surgery:
For these indications recommended 50 mg to 300 mg acetylsalicylic acid daily
Acute myocardial infarction: from 100 mg to 300 mg acetylsalicylic acid daily
Periodic migraine therapy: From 100 mg to 300 mg acetylsalicylic acid daily
If you take more than the amount of clot ASS
Overdose should contact area doctor or nearest hospital.
Symptoms of overdose associated with irritation of the gastrointestinal tract such as nausea, vomiting, stomach pain, as well as dizziness, headache, confusion, ringing in the ears. If you notice even one of these symptoms, contact your doctor.
POSSIBLE SIDE EFFECTS
Like all medicines Thrombo ASS can have side effects. They do not necessarily occur in all patients.
Overall Thrombo ASS is well tolerated but can sometimes occur following side effects:
Rarely may occur following reactions:
– Hypersensitivity reactions (bronchospasm, skin reactions);
– Stomach complaints (nausea, vomiting);
– Bleeding from the gastrointestinal tract, which in rare cases can lead to iron deficiency anemia;
– Prolongation of bleeding time;
– Provoking an asthma attack;
– Continued acceptance of higher doses may be associated with liver and kidney damage;
– Higher doses can lead to dizziness, tinnitus or ulceration of the gastrointestinal tract with bleeding (vomiting resembling coffee grounds or with a bright red hue, dark excrement).
If you get side effects, including those not mentioned in this leaflet, tell your doctor.
How to store Thrombo ASS
Keep in the original packaging and protected from humidity / light place at temperatures below 25 ° C.
Keep out of reach of children!
The shelf life of the product is three (3) years from date of manufacture.
Do not use the product after the expiry date stated on the packaging.
Do not dispose of medicinal products in wastewater or household waste.
Ask your pharmacist how to dispose of medicines no longer required. These measures will help to protect the environment.
Active substance: acetylsalicylic acid 100 mg per tablet.
Tablet core: lactose monohydrate, microcrystalline cellulose, silica colloidal anhydrous, potato starch.
Film-coating: talc, glycerol triacetate, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate, purified water.